Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Curious Case of Inspiration

Now I don't see myself doing many movie reviews here on this blog. Only because I am fairly detached from movies and don't a very knowledgeable background on them. But it is a very amazing form of art and every once in a while I stumble across one that really moves me. Tonight I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and it was one of those movies that really struck me more than other well done movies do. I love watching a movie and not being reminded at all that this is just a movie. It was so real and believable that I felt like I was really watching this story unravel in front of me. I didn't want it to end and when I forget it's a movie then it's always a real memorable experience for me. Also, it was largely about the people you encounter in life and how you are just another person they are encountering. That most people won't be there for very long and that even those very special ones will one day have to part. Bittersweet. Probably the most intriguing emotion... or series of emotions that I've experienced.

Now, I realize it's just a story but every character had such a rich life and experience. I'm not saying people these days don't but it's so dependent on money and death and go, go, go. Expansion, growth, be bigger than life all the time. Every single thing outside your home seems is there for money. Some new trick to hone you in to buy their latest and greatest thing. I am guilty of this as well when it comes to giving my attention and doing my best to intrigue you to listen to me. But it really sparked some inspiration for the next move of change for me. Even more reason to stick to what you love, keep those you care for the most closest and scrape off all the excess. Keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment