Friday, July 23, 2010

Summary What I've Been Up To

Momentum is gaining since I decided to pursue music as a career a little over a year ago.  I have a long way to go yet, but have surely been making great progress.  Realizing this, I felt it appropriate to post because I haven't done it in a while.

Since the beginning of 2010, I've done three drum tracking sessions for bands including Post Human Era and Idiot Pilot.  I'm really excited to hear the results because some fun ideas were experimented with.  Yesterdays session I recorded an hour and half of different beats and rhythms at different tempos for Idiot Pilot so Dan and Mike can build songs around it.  Similar to what Blink-182 did for their self titled release in 2003.

It's hard to believe that it's been exactly four months today from when I went SXSW with Idiot Pilot this past March.  It was five days of constant sensory stimulation, crazy experiences and amazing bands.  I hope to go again next year.

What revamped my rebirth of musical drive over a year ago was the yearn to create songs, not just play drums.  I have so many ideas recorded and I recently went through them and picked out a solid eight to embellish and make into and EP.  All writing and arranging will be done at the end of August or earlier if possible.

On September 4th, Idiot Pilot will be playing at Bumbershoot in Seattle.  Being a Seattle native, I have never been to Bumbershoot and I think it's a little funny that my first experience there will be performing.  That day Neko Case is performing and I'm almost more excited about that then performing!  She is one of my favorite artists and I guess one of the perks of performing is that you get side stage passes.  I don't even know how to express my excitement for that.  Bob Dylan is also performing, I've never been a fan of Mr. Dylan but it'll be great to see him just to say I have.

That's all for now, but more exciting things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment